Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stryker Decompressor and Ozone

Tim_3_0_8TTim_3_0_8 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:01 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All,

Great info here. I've searched these boards on and off for quite some time. I have a herniated disc at L5-S1.

Try as I might the information on the Stryker Decompressor and Ozone injection into the disc is scant (on here, on Google, on Google Scholar).

The ozone thing I can understand since it isn't done (yet) in the US.

But, I have not found a single post from a normal person that said "Yeah, I had the Dekompressor procedure and it worked - or didn't work". I've found those few videos (all which seem to be affiliated with Stryker) where patients talk about the success of the procedure on them.

So, I am really looking to take the next step with my back pain. I've dealt with it for 5 years. I've had an MRI, 2 bouts of PT, and 2 T-ESI's. I'm not a huge fan of the pain scale that the doctor's use because as where I'd say my average pain is 2-3 the "bother number" for how it affects my life is an 11. I have low back pain and get legs symptoms off and on. It bothers me each and every single day and I have quit doing a ton of activities (which is probably what keeps my pain level relatively low). The minute I do anything strenuous or sit wrong or whatever it starts to bother me. I work out (body weight exercises only) and ride the exercise bike 6 days a week, but I have come to the conclusion that this will not go away. I don't even consider lifting anything remotely heavy and I can't sit anywhere comfortably. I do realize I am not as bad off as some of the things I've heard people talk about, but my lifestyle has been dramatically changed (I'm only 36).

So, after all of that.

Has anybody had a successful Stryker Dekompressor procedure?

The Ozone treatment really looks promising, has anybody had that (I see a Dr. is offering it in New York)?

Thanks for any info,

Tim
advertisement

Comments

advertisement