Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Too bad we cannot call it quits

tkdanttkdan Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
After three sets of facet injections things are not good. After the first set I felt like things were really looking good. I had almost zero pain. After the second set I did not achieve quite the same pain reduction, but did get some relief. Now after the soreness from the third set eased up I had maybe two days of relief before the pain came back with a vengeance. The last three days I have had some of the highest levels of pain ever. Waiting on the nurse to get back to me after she talks to the pm dr. This sucks, after the first injections I was so optimistic. I thought I had finally found something that helped. My pain med and muscle relaxers are not touching the pain. I'm not even sure what to do now. See a neurosurgeon, try something different (what ever that could be), just suck it up and be glad I had any relief.

• I too had the injections in a couple of spots and was pain free for about three days, like u said my pain is back with a vengeance, like I pissed off my neck. Not too sure what to do. Seeing my neuro on the 18th. Best of luck to you xx
  • Hi, just getting on forum, been gone with recovery for MVA C-Spine issues...

Hearing the 1st, 2nd, 3rd sets of injections, are they doing epidural nerve blocks.

RFA's radio frequency ablation is what saved me. (a/k/a rhizotomies)

Lumbar, right ?

Had done for past 6 yrs, trauma episodes, pain-free and stabilized with doubled over (not sciatica pain) I have disc bulges lumbar 3 levels - facet nerve issues - -

Look into it, nerve blocks epidurals are done by my PM-Anethetist to determine, if bi-lateral R & L or just one side and determine what levels are generating pain. I'm 3-level RFA, with 2-3 yrs lasting virtually pain free, just stiffness.

Sorry it's gettin late for me not sure if I got cha right with lumbar - - cervical is different and not as successful on many.

I had mine done at Emory Spine in Atlanta, GA - 3-4 PM's-Anethetists specialize and all they and successful previously in StL back 10 yrs ago - - many were only doing epidurals on me - - temporary doesn't do it.

Mayo Jacksonville (I'm in FL) does them too

RF does nerve facet endings, and unless another trauma or goes into slip disc, can not regenerate pain to brain, read info on forum about RF's

Hope this helps. (I have had 3 RFA's over 9 yr period no surgery in sight :)