Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

weird swelling

AidensMommy361AAidensMommy361 Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Just wondering if this can cause visible swelling in the middle of tbe lower back above tail bone. The area is extremely tender, i was told i have a misaligned pelvis, early signs of osteoarthritis and two bulging discs. Im taking 1300mg neurontin, norco 7.5/325 3x a day, norflex 100mg 2x a day, naproxen, klonopin 2mg and started a medrol dose pack three days ago. Still having pain, i believe i may have lordosis also...i will know more when i see my doctor on the 11th. Like i said, the small of my back is pretty swollen right above my butt and super tender...just wondering if anyone else has these symptoms.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,431
    That symptom you are describing has been brought up by at least four different people with in the time I've been here on SH.

To my knowledge, noone has really posted what it was all about..but my memory is for nothing..so that doesnt mean much.

But maybe if you used the "search" here on SH you may run across some of the older posts and see if they ever receivd an answer themselves.

I would think that is somehing to remember to tell your doc on the 11th. I would mention to doc even if the symptoms lessen or go away..just so doc knows whats going on.

For me, since I don't like to be uncomfortable :).. I would put a call into the doctor and just ask the nurse about it esp since you are haveing "super tenderness".

Doc might want you to recline more or I don't know what..but doc may have suggestions for your comfort while you wait for your appointment.

Please keep us posted as to what doc tells you and how to relieve the painl

Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Dear Aidan's Mommy, You mentioned you had a misaligned pelvis. I had a hypermobile left si-joint and yes, there was visible swelling/inflammation. Just wondering how you are making out. Diane
    I had the SI-BONE ifuse implant procedure on August 6th 2012.