Clinical Background: Multisquentialmultplanar scanning through the lumbar w/o contrast.
1. There is diminished disc signal at L3-4 through L5-S1. Marrow signal relatively preservedin the lumbar spine and disc signal relativelypresevered in the lumbar spine. Conus terminates at the L1-2 level and is unremarkable in appearance.
2. At L1-2 and L2-3, significant canal or neural foraminal narrowing is not demonstrated.
3. At L3-4, there is fairly minimal diffuse disc bulge. No signifacant canal or neural foraminal narrowing is not demonstrated.
4.At L4-5,there is mild diffuse disc bulge but also focal disc bulge posteriorly to the left of midline, broad-based but associated with disc herniation/extrusion which extends inferiously into the left lateral recess. Prominant mass effect in the left lateralrecess, although only mild overall canal stenois at that level. Only minimal neural foraminal narrowing.
5. At L5-S1, there is minimal central focal posterior disc bulge. No significant canal stenosis. Only minimal bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.
1. Very prominent mass effect in left lateral recess on the basis of herniation/etrusion into the left lateral recess.Only mild overall canal stenoisat that level, however.Minimal neural foraminal narrowing at both L4-5 and L5-S1.
2. Evidence of underlying disc disease at L3-4 through L5-S1 as well.
Can someone help me to understand what this means?