Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lyrica experience and advice please

New lifeNNew life Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Pain Medications
Hi all

I have been taking Dexmethzone and Lyrica for post-op nerve pain. Has anyone else had weird side effects. I have a calming energy which is good. The weird one is that I think its dulled my taste bud nerves. I can't seem to get my coffee hot enough its always not quite there. Is this my imagination or Lyrica causing an imagination.

Please share your Lyrica experiences with me:/

• I myself have had no issues going on lyrica. Personally it is one of the easiest meds I have ever gone on with no side effects. We jumped the dose to the max pretty quick and thought I would have to get used to it, and nothing as far as side effects that I am aware of, but maybe you should ask my family, if I am walking around with my tongue hanging out or something, JK. Sometimes drugs in combination do different things though.
  • i was in clinical trials for lyrica, which was an interesting experience. lyrica does help me with pain. the only side effect i have, which i hate, is a ravenous appetite. i have gained significant weight since i have been on it. i tell people that i don't know why 'cause "i eat like a bird" ... then i throw in the " yeah, like a freakin' vulture!!!!!" lol