Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all

kenny71082kkenny71082 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I am a new comer here. I was in a car accident on jan 13th 2012. I now have so many health problems i dont know how to deal with it all. I am a 25 y.o. male and was in perfect health now I have compression fractures on L1,L2, and L3 vertabrae in my back along with a broken hip which i shattered, 2 broken arms , a broken left leg , broken left ankle and i shattered my left knee cap and tore the tendon in my left knee. So i got pretty beat up and have all sorts of pain through my body. Anyway just wanted to post up my injuries and look forward to talking to you guys....thanks!!!

• Sounds like you got hit by a BIG truck. This site has lots of information on different options in regard to surgeries and therapy. Take some time and have a look around, hopefully you can find some info that's helpful. I wish you well, it sounds like you have a long recovery ahead.
  • lol not a big truck but i was in a little honda civic and ran off the road to miss a deer and went down a 10ft drop in a ditch then back up the other side and hit a big ole pine tree.
  • Just saying Hi.... I'm new here too. Mine was an injury too. I found the site after my 6 and 1/2 year journey. I am 5 weeks post op. ALIF. Doing great. Wish I had found the site earlier. There's so much here for you.

My advice -that I learned from my experience -that I'm putting out there is take control, responsibility and management of your health care. Don't be led around like I was for far too long. When I educated myself and took it on I found answers.

Your young don't let one rotton thing lead to another.........

This site is a valuable tool for you too use.

Always have the best day possible. My pic is Mias' advice after a bad day.

• Wow sorry to hear about your accident and new pain. I hope you have found a good doctor to help you deal with it, that is very important! My injuries were not caused from an accident, just bad genes, but I do know about sever pain (unfortunately!)
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg