Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need advice or opinion on sudden pain left side of neck

candle99ccandle99 Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I've had 5 surgeries on my neck since March 2009, practically one every 6 months. I changed surgeons after the first two fusions that weren't healing and he wanted to give up on me. New surgeon made out a plan to do posterior hardware with extra marrow put in to help grow faster. After he was pretty sure those two levels fused, I needed my C6/7 done. It was bone on bone and the disc was non-existent. He jacked things apart and put in the grafted bone. After a new MRI, my c3/4 had some new changes not noted before. After C6/7 fused (we think), he took out the posterior hardware this past November 2011 since the hardware was pinching and promient. I had had shoulder blade pain since the first posterior hardware implanting and the surgeon kept saying it was related to my C6/7. After everything is said and done this spring, supposedly healed, I am still have severe pain between my shoulder blade that puts me on my knees when I sneeze, it hurts to breathe and my ribs are always sore.

Five days ago, one of our inside cats got out and scaled a 50 foot tree. I've been going on morning and evening to call her down, looking up, carrying some food, rattling a bag, etc. She's come down a few feet and goes back up. Two days ago, I woke up with extreme pain on my left side on my neck. It's brought me to tears. I can't look to the left. I've tried my stretches from PT, but the left side hurts too bad.

I've been using heat and just resting, taking musle relaxers, but not sure if I should go back to the surgeon. He'd sort of dismissed me after my last surgery checkup but said to come back if I had a new problem. It's a two hour drive and I keep trying to tell myself that it'll get better, maybe just muscular?

Has anyone else had some bad episode after their fusions. Mine is a 3 level now C4/5/6/7. Oh, forgot to mention that I did get a thoracic MRI done and I have bulging discs at T5/6/7. I've had one injection that helped for 7 days. Not sure that I want to pay $200 for another try. This neck thing has me out of commission totally.