Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical epidural done in the side of the neck??? please reply!!!!!

vikkifowble1vvikkifowble1 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have been suffering with right arm pain since september. I finally had an MRI in January because a Dr suspected it was coming from my neck. I didnt have insurance so, I got on medi-cal (government insurance) They found two ruptured discs in my neck and spinal stenosis. I was sent for a series of epidurals and I thought it was really strange the radioloigist was going in to the side of my neck with the needle. He didn;t even want to do the second epidural because the first one didn't work at all. through my own research i found that the cervical epidural space, is in the back of the neck. I think this Dr. messed up and now, I can't have injections again and I had zero relief from them at all. Can anyone offer any advice or where your cervical epidurals were done? back of the neck or side of the neck? I am just about to get Kaiser and hopefully get some relief.. I dont know if i have nerve damage or what...any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi there,
    I've had tons of epidurals in my neck, and depending on cervical level needed treatment, they will be lower or higher. Mine has always been in the back of the neck but slightly to the left side of the back of the neck, if that makes sence.

I have also gotten facet joint injections, and those were given on the side of the neck. When I had facet joint injections, they told me that thats what they were, and not epidurals.

Could it be a possibility that you got facet joint injections? Spinal stenosis is common around the facet joints, but I would think they would tell you the difference if they decided to give you some of those instead of epidurals?

Ask your doc and good luck with treatment!
    Cause: car accident & genetics
    Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
    Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
    Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
    Moving Forward: SCS
  • I just wanted to add that I also have had many injections. Had my first Facet Joint injection on the right side of my neck on Friday, and it did give me relief (after the soarness from the injection wore off). My epidural injections were below my fusion down at the base of my neck.

I hope you feel better soon!-:)
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Hello, I too thought I was having cervical epidural and expected them to inject from the back. Mine were in the side closer to the front of my neck. I have had no releif from these. A parasympathetic nerve in my eye was also hit, my eye swelled right up immediately and felt as if it was on fire! I then couldn't walk straight for 6 hours ( kept veering right) they don't always tell you much so hopefully they have just misinformed you as to which procedure you had.