Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am new.8 level upcoming surgery

malindakmmalindak Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:01 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Malinda.

I am getting ready for surgery on April 17. C-2 to T-3. I have never heard of an 8 level fusion. I read one guy got a "cage" but his was lumbar.

Can anyone tell me their experiences or thoughts?

Fracture at T-2 and root involvement on C-3.

I have had neck surgery before, and wore a neck brace for 6 weeks but will I wear the same brace this time since it goes into T-3? Will I be able to drive afterward?

Thanks for the help.
Malinda
advertisement

Comments

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to say i am not a "neckie" and so i cannot answer many of your questions.. i am sure there will be some spineys who drop by to help you though!! good luck on your upcoming surgery!! be sure and stop by when the day seems long, the forum can make the day seem much shorter!!you will find all kinds of new friends here as you begin your journey!stop by anytime!! and be sure and follow the doctor's orders..this is one sure way to a complete recovery!! Jenny :)
  • Hi Malina :H ,

Let me join in welcoming you to Spine-Health. As Jenny said above, it's a great place with great people. I guess the best part, aside from the people, is that everyone can empathize with what each other is going or has gone through. We all understand how each other feel.

I am a "neckie", but my surgery was nowhere near an 8 level. I had a 2 level ACDF at C5/6 & C6/7 in 2009. I wore a soft collar ... still use it occasionally to this day. This was no result of a fall or accident ... all natural aging and arthritic issues. As for what to expect after the procedure and when you can drive, etc., I would not concern myself with that right now. I know it's easier said than done. We need to concentrate on getting you through your procedure and on your way to a smooth recovery. It is going to take time. As Jenny said, listen to and do as your doctor orders. Do not hesitate to call him/her after you leave the surgical facility if you have ANY questions or concerns. We are all here and will be pulling for you. When you feel up to it, hop on the board and give us an update, or scream, or whatever. That's what we are here for. Stay strong. Here is a >:D< for warm thoughts and smooth sailing.
    Again, welcome to the Spine-Health Family :D .
    Rassy

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.
  • Tomorrow is pre-op....
  • Well, the journey begins tomorrow, hey ... the little steps anyway. You might want to take the next few days organizing what you will want or need to take with you during your post-op stay at the surgical facility and also how you want to have things ready for you at home. Just get as much pre-planned and ready as you can, but don't get yourself all worked up over it all either. I am trusting that you will have some help when you get home? If you need to talk before you go for your procedure, hollar at us. Like we all have said, we are all here for you in anyway we can be of help. Just know that you are not going through this alone. Stay strong.
    Rassy

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.
advertisement