Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI with contrast ..is the contrast really necessary?

CinnamongirlCCinnamongirl Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I finally got my referral to get my MRI. It says with contrast. Is that needed? Has anyone had this before? What was your experience?

• The contrast helps the MRI display scar tissue and makes it easy for the doc to do comparisons.

• The contrast makes the issues they are looking for stand out like no other. I have had around 15-20 MRI's with contrast over the past 5 years and it's really do big deal. they take you out of the tube, put an I.V in your arm and inject the dye, they put you back in the tube, your body gets warm from the dye, then your scan is done. The first MRI I had was W/O contrast and it showed nothing at all then after convincing the doctor that the scan must have missed something he ordered another MRI W/contrast and low and behold a large annular tare in my L4/L5 disc showed up bright as day. I would strongly suggest having it done W/contrast, out of all the MRI's and C.T scans I have had I have to say hands down the best one to diagnose issues is an MRI W/Contrast.