Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What anti-inflammatory cremes, or vitamins do you use?

coyotewildwomanccoyotewildwoman Posts: 130
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Chronic Pain
I was wondering what anti inflammatory cremes people use that work for them.

I have been using them and an anti inflammatory diet to help my chronic pain.

What works for me is Tiger Balm, and Topricin. I also take lots of tumeric, ginger and flax seed oil, all of which are anti inflammatory.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum would be willing to share what they might be using that seems to help.

• One thing you should do before going on any vitamins is talk to your health care provider about which is appropriate for you. I can tell you that I use Voltran Gel which is a prescription form that does help. On the vitamin front I use vitamin B for the nerve damage, along with vitamin D for the muscle spasms, calcium for bones and fish oil. I can tell you the levels I take have been suggested by my doctors. Vitamin D they really need to get a reading on it for you to know the level that is appropriate. The dose I take is rather high but we are trying to get on and stay on the upper side of normal range limits. Vitamin D in to high amount can cause other issues. Which many vitamins can cause other issues if you take them in to high amount. The vitamin B we started with injections and worked to a prescription amount of it to now over the counter. Also when purchasing vitamins there are some websites that have checked the levels and insured what is on the label is really in the bottle. Keep in mind the FDA doesn't regulate vitamins so there is no truth in the labels.

I was taking at one point and time some vitamins and was headed for a surgery on the pre-op blood work there was a problem with sodium which caused a delay in surgery. Apparently one of the vitamins I was using had a lot of it in it, and once I stopped the vitamin I was good to go. My point is just check with your doctor to be sure of what is appropriate for your individual medical situation. But your doing the right thing by getting on some vitamins they can do wonders for you, when used appropriately. Good luck.
  • I been sucking on a rock to get the inflammation down, Not sure if its doing me any good but keeps me bussy,

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • What am i the only 1 sucking on a rock? If i bite down on the rock with the bad tooth i can barely notice the back pain i have,

How can you beat that for pain control? At no cost at all you can have your pain control rock also, Its the next most famous new thing, Like the pet rock,

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I've really tried to cut back. Not sure why but just got tired of taking meds (even over the counter).

But when needed (bad foot spasms or long car ride after effects), I will take advil but really am trying to hold off.

On the other hand, I do use Apsircream at night b/c I find it really does help. I no longer use it nightly but find that periodically, it does help if my lower back is sore before laying down.

I am trying to drink lots of water and did start taking fish oil (took me forever to find a good one that wasn't horrific smelling).
  • I always used magnesium citrate to help me fall asleep (muscle relaxer)....

now with my spondy in full swing it is helping me manage pain issues...

Live to Pray
  • I use Topricin Pain Relief 4oz, its proven effective to different types of pains such as ,Repetitive Motion,
    Trauma, Sports Injuries..etc.

Pregnancy blog
  • I take fish oil, glucosamine chondroitin, multi vitamins that have a good dose of vitamin c in them. A vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium supplement, and lots of water. I really think drinking copious amounts of water helps to flush toxins, junk from the body that can also contribute to imflammation.

When discomfort/pain is higher than I'm comfortable tolerating then I take a regular dosing of mobic and flexeril, I just try to not stay on prescription pills for any length of time if I can help it. I don't think our livers really tolerate lifetime presciption intake on daily doses.
  • I have been found in my research that Vitamin D can be helpful in managing pain. I take it regularly along with stress b vitamins.

B-12 injections are good as well, although I have yet do them. I hate shots :|

Also many people in chronic pain are low in magnesium per my research. I personally find taking magnesium and potassium crucial in helping with my severe and very painful muscle cramping.

I also take tumeric, ginger and garlic, flax seed oil and fish oil, collagen for inflammation issues. GABA to help me sleep.

And yes, I do seem to pop a million pills a day.. but at least it is not 100 pain killers! O:) So I feel really good about that.

• i just started vitamin D yesterday given that it has been researched to be associated with chronic pain.

and i also, alex, down a tablespoon of sand every day. since i have accidentally chipped a tooth or two on the rocks my doctor suggested that i grind the stones down into sand and sprinkle them over my morning cereal. doesn't do much for the constipation though. =)) :^o L) :O
This discussion has been closed.