Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Add me to the club!

GeorgiapeachGGeorgiapeach Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, my name is Colleen, and I have recently been diagnosed with DDD, and I have been suffering from moderate back pain that radiates down the front of my right leg and thigh and buttocks. Got xrays done, and the results are:

COMPARISON: 23 June 2004 lumbar spine series.

FINDINGS: Since comparison there has been significant interval worsening
in L4-5 disc space narrowing, now severe and containing degenerative vacuum
disc phenomenon.

Additionally there is interval worsening of L4 anterolisthesis with respect
to L5, with anterolisthesis by approximately 1.5 cm. L4 pars
interarticularis defect is present.

There is mild L5-S1 disc space narrowing.

L1 anterior superior degenerative marginal osteophyte is noted, new from

The vertebral body heights are maintained.

L4-5 left lateral bridging degenerative marginal osteophytes are present.

The SI joints are symmetric without erosions or sclerosis. Multiple round
calcifications within the pelvic inlet are consistent with phleboliths.

Trying to look all this up on the internet is mind blowing. I have an MRI scheduled next week. What happens after that remains to be seen, because I have no idea what my future looks like. Just came on here for support and information, and how to deal with it all, and understand what is going on. I look at my xrays, and I see the one vertebra out of alignment, but other than that, I don't see what all the doc is talking about above....anyway, so glad I found this site, and hope to get lot of information from here.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we do not do diagnosing here on the forum as far as reading x rays go!! once you have your MRI and the xrays are put together, your doctor will have a good picture of what is going on inside your back.. he can then give you a complete diagnosis and lead you on to the next steps in your recovery..in the meantime, have a look around the different forums and make yourself at home! there is plenty to learn about DDD and lots of new friends to make!! be sure and stop by anytime!! good luck to you! i hope you are feeling better soon! Jenny :)
  • I agree with lulusheart. Wait for the MRI and then talk with your doctor.

Trying to read xrays on your own can be frightening because I always thought I saw things that weren't there. The MRI will give much better information.

Good luck and let us know the results.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.