Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bad pain today...

VinGVVinG Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Percocet barely working. Even though I'm nervous, I can't wait to get this over with. It's very draining.
- Vin

3 level ACDF, c3/4, c5/6/7 in May 2012

• I know your pain- unfortunately. When is your surgery? Sadly surgery is not a quick fix, but if you have tried all conservative treatments it is better than doing nothing.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • I have been there and have fought the fight against surgery even. I am scheduled for 3 level C4-C7 on monday. I did find relief from epidural injections for a minute and decompression treatment kept me from surgery for several years but that was only bulging disc's now I have impingment on the spinal cord..so nothing helps with the pain I just deal. If your surgery is not soon try all alternatives they may help. i hear acupunture is known to provide relief but I have never tried it. Let us know how you do and good luck. I hope you feel better!
    Kimberly Martin
  • PT, accupuncture, no injections though (with the amount of stenosis I have, all the doctors said it would be a waste). I will hear this week about a surgery date. The performing surgeon was my 4th consult, and I feel confident in him and the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC.

Today is the same...percocet and a baseball game.

sunshinebry2000, good luck tomorrow. When you feel up to it, please let us know how it went.
    - Vin

• Hang in there Vin, I am going to have anACDF C5-6 in a few months, a month ago my doctor gave me Vicodin extra strength. He was going to give me the high dose percocet, but Percocet doesnt work or me, it makes me sick and wired. It has to be the generic brand because 20 yrs ago I had three wisdom teeth taken out by an oral surgeon and he gave me Percocet but they were blue, the next time I got Percocet following reconstruction surgery on my thumb, it was generic, the color was white. You are not alone, just reading post or having someone reassure me on a bad day helps, so I try to do the same for people whom are having bad days. We are all in pain and when you add that to the daily mix of life it makes what would be a " normal" bad day that much worse. Vin please do not ever think you are alone or feel quilty about missing out on activities because of your pain, take it one day at a time, if that is too tough just think of this, my younger brother went to Parris island for Marine Corp boot camp. Even though our father retired a master sergeant after 20 years in the Corps my brother still wasn't ready for boot camp, so he said he just kept saying to himself make it to the next meal. He went through 13 weeks of Marine Corps boot camp one meal at a time, just find something to focus on. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • Vin,

As Joe said there are so many of us here, so feel free to vent anytime, because we get it. At some point or another we all seem to have days, weeks or months like that.

I was complaining on another thread today, because I over did,and am paying the price. (hugging my heating pad to my neck as I post)

You will find lots of support here through the good times and the bad, so speak up. X( It helps me whem I'm down or really hurting that I'm not alone.

I think one of the worst things about severe chronic pain is the feeling of being so isolated and alone. Here, you have lots of company, support and sometimes a kind word that can make a really crummy day just a little brighter.

I hope you are feeling better soon,

• It does seem like nobody really gets it. Especially because I have dealt with pain my whole life from joint and muscles deformities since birth, I always try to keep up the facade. Sometimes I have found that if I keep a smile on my face, it actually puts me in a better mood. I had someone at work say to me that he can't believe that I need surgery, "you don't look like you're in pain".

Feeling a little better today. I broke out an old Flexeril Rx last night and took one with a percocet. This morning I felt like I had drank a bottle of wine, but my neck/shoulders were a 3 instead of an 8.
    - Vin

• If the pain is in the initial stage you can manage with massage, hot water bag and exercises. In the final stages surgery or physiotherapy.