Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Back Pain

KimtraKKimtra Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
Medical Condition- Secondary Fibromyalgia
Test- MRI Scan, and Bone Marrow
Results- MRI
Cervical -Normal signal return, no significant disc decrease
Thoracic - Multi level decrease in disc height, Schmorls nodex from t6 to t12,no significant posterior disc protusions,
Lumbar spine- Normal signal return from the vertebral bodies, schmorls node L1 L2 L3 no signif posterior disc protustions.
Medications-Burprenorphine patches, Tramadol,zopiclone
Hello I have had chronic pain back/neck/headaches for over 2 and half years, it happened when I went to sit down in my chair at work unaware it had been lowered all the way down, I hit the chair with such impact and speed, as I cried out with the pain inbetween and the shooting pain going up my bottom, I arched my back and leaned slightly back, which as my backrest was broken I went flying backwards, I felt the lubar support pressing into me and it felt like I broke my back, the pain travelled all the way up my spine and into my neck, I couldnt move and just kept telling myself it will be alright in a minute, gradually I was burning and the pain ran into my arms and legs, and my life has been hell ever since,I went to the doctor who just gave me cocodamol, and lifted my legs slightly as I was in agony and told me it was just a muscle strain, second visit was given ibruprohine gel, I was begging for an xray and sleeping tablets, I was told that nothing broken although no-one even looked at my back, my partner later (10 days) put on the gel and said my back looked deformed it was so swollen, finally after 3 months I was refer for pysio then MRI, and finally my doctor put her had up my jumper and finger walked my spine to above the waist, I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I have cried out so many times that there is something else wrong as well, ive had physio, hydro, pain management clinic, and have been under private chiro for over six months, 8 months ago i twisted my pelvis, which gave me more movement in the right hip, and allowed me to open my bowels more frequently and gave me some feelings back in bowel and bladder, But most importantly I stopped feeling as if my spine was being draged out inbetween my legs and my lower spine was no longer pushed in (tail between my legs) and I had better movement in right leg, still my coccyx, and the bone inbetween my legs when sat down, and lower back, and upper back and neck crippled me, two weeks ago in severe agony as usual i went to the toilet and slight stumbled sideways as I went dizzy, about 4 inch above my buttocks cracked, I cried out again and again I was on fire and I couldnt even move for over an hour I couldnt again lie down, but that morning for the first time I got out of bed like a normal person, and the amount of pain it has releived is unbelieveable, I can now move both my legs, I though right brilliant I can try cut down my patches I did it for a week and I couldnt take it anymore and had to increase them, I am still in severe agony in the neck, also in the thoracic, and the coccyx and the bone inbetween my legs, and the headaches are so severe, but I have to admit chiro really helps with headaches, my chiro also told me two weeks ago when I was refering to a lump, she said I had a rotated pelvis, I again told my doctor about the stumble and what chiro had said and again begged them to understand there is still some so wrong. Please can someone help me, this is my first time and I need to know whats wrong, living with the headaches and confusion and the sever pain is torturing me. Thankyou