Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Short hospital stay...

SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Depression and Coping
So glad to be back reading and hanging around the cyber neighborhood here!
Hi, you guys!

Just wanted to talk about recent four day stay in hospital for depression...but most specifically the blackouts I was having....memory loss..and feeling like I just wanted to sleep and not wake up..while at the same time being awake for days.

We all know the balancing act of everything involved with this unrelenting pain...I just got so tired and couldn't believe I couldn't be like tweaked to get a little relief somewhere.

There are a lot of meds that could have been responsible ..so stopping some and waiting...so far, I'm doing much better. :)

Now, only taking the anxiety med and stopping hs meds for sleep and one for the movement at night. And since no caffeine allowed at the hospital...I just decided to stay off of that.

My head does feel better..more alert and aware. And sleeping okay...but the pain is really
"louder" . Hospital didn't allow the breakthrough meds..so I'm trying to rest more and "less life" until I see pain doc next week.

Actually, one of the staff there told me to "google" about the blackouts...now I learned to call it amnesia. But, as here, I learned so much from my fellow suffers. And of course just basically asking for help. For me, being told what I have done or said and people repeating.."yeah, I told you already"...has been the most frustrating part of life. And esp. when I have been unkind to whomever...and that's been at least everyone experienceing that from me at one time or another...then I hate myself....and round and round it goes. I had to stop the ride.

Thanks for listening! Hope everyone's having an okay tolerable to good day!

Spine-Health Moderator
Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• We are so glad to have you back!! Sorry to hear that you have been having an extra hard time lately, not sleeping and depression on top of chronic pain.

Glad to hear that your stay was beneficial and you had your meds tweaked, and that it is helping. Not good that your pain is "louder" though and hope that when you see your pm doctor, this can be addressed.

I have not been around here as much as usual, since my surgery, since it didn't do as much for me as I would have hoped, but wanted to be not be too "down", but am glad to be back now. I always look out for your posts, as they are always so great to read. You are always so uplifting, kind, and helpful to all of us here, I hope that we can now be there for you!
    You quit coffee too...oh I have been wanting to try that.
    We are glad to see you home, wish you all the best!

Big >:D< Karen
    pm me anytime, we are here for you!
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Sorry your surgery didn't do as much as you thought it would. Is that for sure? I mean with more time do you expect better results? or did it fix some things and just not the pain?

Or you may have already written about it and I forgot. ) But seriously, I'm going to try to catch up with how you and others are feeling lately.

But yay for you and yay for me..and all of us...as we continue to keep on keeping on. Trying to figure it all out.

I wish you the best..always :)
    Spine-Health Moderator

• Glad you got things sorted out, Hope you have beter days to come,

No cafeen at the hospital? If they put me in a hospital wirh no morning cofee i would kill someone and be doing prison time,

I would tie the sheets together and go out the window and walk to the closest cofee shop and be back in the hospital bed before the nurses would even make there rounds,

I would have a pot of cofee hiden in the shower nice and hot with a bag of cofee beans hiden in the toilet water tank,

I am not addicted to medications but i will kill for a cup of cofee,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm glad that you're feeling better and hope you continue to improve. Good for you for asking for and getting the help you need.

I hope your head continues to feel better and that you can deal with your pain until seeing your doc. It's a neverending circle isn't it? What helps one thing causes another...we do the best we can.

Hope you have a great day! Keep us posted...I read a lot of your posts even if I don't reply often. You are a help to many here. To me also.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Thanks so much for the encouragement and kind words.
    Debbie, I love reading around here. It's like everyone here has become my favorite columnist!

And, Alex, you're so funny about the coffee, but similiar thoughts went through my head. Mine were not as amusing :)..When I first found out I felt like a kid learning there's no Santa.

The first day, my head was aching...I'm trying to treat it by getting more and more coffee and the next day..."oh yeah..it's decaf"!
    I was like trying to figure out if this was legal. LOL!

Spine-Health Moderator