Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AccuraScope procedure

finnieffinnie Posts: 1
Has anyone gotten alot of relief from the Accurascope procedure? How long as the recouperation and do they put you out for it?
Thanks for any info.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I just wanted to welcome you to S.H. forums.
    But I really don't know. When you find out please tell me.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I had that done and it worked great for me. I'd had a bulging disc L5-S1. Most days I could tough out the pain but sometimes I hurt so bad I just dread getting out of bed. I'm an ER doc doing 12 hour shifts so often have a string of days off. I did the procedure during about a 5 day stretch I had off anyway. Yes, they put you to sleep for the procedure. I was back to work about four days later but as far as I'm concerned I felt able to work the same day. I made big strong paramedics so heavy lifting for a few weeks as the doctor advised. The pain relief was immediate but not immediately complete. Within a few months for me at least it was complete pain relief. I honor God and the doctors who did this procedure. For me it was a cure.
  • i had accurascope on L3-L4,L4-L5, L5-S1 over 2 yrs ago & it gave me my life back! I was a disabled critical care nurse, off work for 11 months, in intense pain 24/7. I did it all---epidurals,chiropractors,massage,PT, lumbar decompression, medication, acupuncture.....you get my drift. Then i found NAS & the accurascope. Three hrs after i was having lunch at Chili's. The next day I flew for 2 hrs,,drove 100 miles home from airport without pain. I returned to work in 2 wks. I thank God every night for NAS, it was my miracle !!!!!!!!
  • I've had a rough road. 11 years ago was diagnosed with DDD. I am a 66 year old female who used to walk 25 miles a week and attend gym classes 3-4 times a week. After interviewing about a dozen neurosurgeons and orthosurgeons decided on disc replacement for L4/L5. Horrendous mistake!!!! Also have problems with L3/L4, L5/S1, sciatica and because of the metal disk at L4/L5, MRI is useless. Artificial disk froze in one position after about 2 years. Since then have done it all--mininmally invasive laser surgieries, hydrocision, PT, acupuncture, chiropracter, at least 50 epidural shots and tons of meds including fentanyl, morphine, methadone, oxy and hydro to no avail. Still on massive meds with all their side effects. Pain is constant. Now considering accurascope and looking for advice--positive and negative. Thanks in advance.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832

This is a very old thread, for best support and information I suggest you make a new thread, you can do this by clicking on 'create forum post' on the left column.

Welcome to Spine-Health and how to get started here

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery