Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back pain with weight loss

edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
I have recently lost 25 lbs using Weight Watchers. I have changed my eating habits and I am eating more Fruits & Veg. I also have been exercising (Primarily walking everyday 30 - 40 minutes and riding my exercise bike as well). Recently while walking I have developed some mid level to lower back pain. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the weight loss that I accomplished over the last 12 weeks. Thanks for any help.

• I've lost 50 lbs (in the last 6mos) and while I have a bevy of reasons for back pain, 1 of the most contradictory is that I lost weight.

I still walk & do activities with the same momentum that I had before weight loss, but now I really feel it when I fall back against a chair or plop down as some of the extra padding is gone.

For the most part, no, the exercise did not cause the back pain. There is something that is probably wrong with your back that is being agitated by the exercise.

Is there anyway you could change your routine to something aquatic and see if the stress of lower body weight is the problem or not? If you still experience pain then its movement in general not a weight issue. It could be an aggravated nerve or upset disks... I'd definitely suggest seeing a doctor about it to make sure you don't make anything worse by carrying on or if you are in the clear toward exercise and just need to work through it.

In any case the peace of mind of knowing what's going on internally is definitely worth it.