Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5S1 herniation; multi-level facet hypertrophy; Lumbar lordotic straig; anterior disc bulge C4-C5;C5

monster1434mmonster1434 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
~X( Hi! my name is Cindy, I first would like to know if anyone can explain what multi-level facet hypertrophy is? My doc has explained it to me but I still don't understand :?? I am pretty sure the Lumbar lordotic straightening &cervical lordotic straightening is straightening of the spine, neck or spinal canal... please correct me if I am wrong.
I had laser surgery 1 1/2 years ago, they shrunk the L5-S1 disk and burned the nerve endings for the sciatic. I was still having pain but it shot into my back which was much better and that was instant relief from the sciatic!!
Recently I started to have shooting pain from the sciatic down to the my buttock, it has not started shooting down my leg...yet. Does anyone know if after having the nerve endings burned is it possible for them to grow back? :/

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Facet hypertrophy is swelling or enlargement of the facet joints. A medrol series, anti-inflammatories or injections might help with that, but only your doctor will know exactly what should be done. Here's an article that helps explain facet joints and problems relating to them.

The radiofrequency ablation (nerve burn) you had - you're lucky to have had relief for so long. They can last up to 18 months and you can go back and get another, as yes, the nerves to regenerate. Many get much shorter relief so I'm glad you've had great success with it. There are also some on here that just keep getting them when they wear off if they're getting a decent amount of relief like you.

Hope this helps.
    Take care,