Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Radio frequency

Ihr626IIhr626 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Pain Management
Had it done twice w good results. Four weeks ago had it done on right side cervical 2-3.. Worse pain I have ever experienced in my life. The burning, skin sesitivity and pain is a 20 on a scale of 1-5.my hair even hurts. Don't do this procedure.. I have not slept in 4 weeks.. Can't even lay my head on the pillow..jaw and ear affected too and dr frankenstein has no explanation..I wish I would have seen this site before..painted snot helping...they never admit if they messed up and mow I'm paying the price...I'm immobized by this pain

• I could not agree more! I curse the day I received this "procedure" I'm 100 times worse then I was before. From Lyrica, Gapentin, Norco, Hydrocodine, Bacolfen, Morphine...you name it at one point they had me on it. Worst pain of my life. Sore, tense, electricting...terrible!
  • OMG I agree this has to have been the worst pain I have ever endured. Next to childbirth. I am on day 6 of recovery and my doctors office states that within another week I should feel the benefit. I have to admit I have never been so reluctant to ever step back into a doctor's office as I am now. What they state as sedation is lower than valium, my doctor even administered three times what they normally give patients to me and I felt everything. I cried like a newborn without a bottle for three hours. Not trying to scare anyone but for those of you who state it's not worse than the paid you endure on a daily basis are either lying through your teeth or are already numb and do not need the procedure anyway. You should allow yourself at least five days to let your body heal from the injections, yes take the time off of work. I'll update at the end of week two and be honest about the outcome. But for now, don't do it, run far, fast, and now. I had more relief and felt less pain when I had a cervical fusion than the lumbar radiofrequency ablasion.
  • I had this done in December last year. The day of the procedure I was pretty miserable, but I was able to go back to work the next day on light duty.

It worked okay for me for about a month, but then started having pain again. I'm scheduled to have it one more time in two weeks to see if it's going to make a difference or not.

I could be wrong, but it could also be how experienced your doctor is as to how the outcome is. RFA can be fouled up pretty easy if they inject the wrong spots or heat you up too much too long.

I'm really sorry to hear you all have had such a bad outcome. I hope to God this doesn't happen to me this time around!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2