Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ldavis2333lldavis2333 Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just received 3 private messages regarding a scam from a woman in the Phillipines who has an inheritance and wants me to send money. I understand that some things get sent without the knowledge of SH Administrators. This is enough for me to leave the forums. I have sent a message to the Administrator to make him awate of this. If it happens again, I will not be able to participate in the forums,

My husband passd away 2 1/2 weeks ago. I am extremely distraught. I am in severe pain and without medication. Under these circumstances, I can not handle this bullshit.

• The team is aware of these mass private messages and is working to get to the root of it and make certain it doesn't occur again. Sorry that you received them in this sensitive time for you. Please just disregard the garbage and let us take out the trash.

• I just received the same message. I pegged it as a scam and wanted to mark it as a scam, but there is no way to do so, so I just deleted the message.

I get those types of messages all of the time, in my email accounts. I just mark them as Spam/Junk and then delete them!

Every once in a blue moon one of them will carry a virus, Spam-ware, or Malware, so you have to be careful opening them up. Make sure you have all of your anti-malware and anti-virus programs up to date.
  • I have received many of these emails too. It just totally took me off guard when I received them in 3 private messages. I agree the timing is horrible. I just don't want to think that it could have come from someone in the forum.
  • I never did understand that she wanted money just personal info. I checked her profile and she had been a member for 20 minutes . I bet she was hone pretty quickly.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    I will post any updated status here
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks for posting this. I'll be on the lookout and hope everyone else is too. Kevin
  • Just wanted everyone to know that I just checked my inbox and sure enough I got an email too from Nena Diaz from the Phillipines asking the same thing!!!!!
  • These scams are very disheartening. I know there are many honest and sincere friends here. The past several weeks have been very difficult. Coping with constant pain. I have to go for an injection next week to satisfy the Physiatrist. I've never gotten any relief from low back pain.

Since my husband passed away last month, I have been forced to become much more active. I have to do everything for myself now. He did almost everything for me. This is adding to the pain. I have to really pace myself to keep the pain from getting totally out of control.

I have to put the house up for a Short Sale. The both of us in chronic pain, the house is in rough shape. I have to at least clean it before the appraisal.

Feeling very isolated and alone. My best friend is gone. I don't have anyone here to talk to. Just to say I'm not feeling good today. He knew me and understood how I felt. I miss the connection so bad it hurts.
  • ldavis, so sorry to learn the loss you are going through of your husband's passing and unfortunately the stress of your loss and those changes can be so overwhelming.

Just wanted to say, I am sorry for you loss and know it is very hard to go thru the absence of your husband, your best friend and the tremendous void in your life....

Hope you know you are not alone and I/we are here for you at any time and you can trust 99.99% of us here on the Spine-Health Forum >:D< who are caring, trustworthy people. Who do understand the difficult days you are having with much being on your plate with the loss and the sale of the house.

Hope the injection with the Physiatrist is lifting some of the pain. And be good idea, to be sure you don't get too involved physically with the house and you can plan to have someone do the cleaning for the appraisal.

Keep coming back and know, step by step you are not alone and know there will be more chapters beyond these hard ones...and may your husband's goodness and love for you and the way he loved you, that closeness of understanding you and what you are feeling, not only can be cherished in your heart but it continue to be a gift and blessing... in his parting and as your deep grieving passes you may feel his presence still being with you in spirit and fully loving you in your heart.

Keeping you in my prayers. Oh and...be sure to take real tlc doing something special for you each day in the midst of the to-do with all the matters that have to be handled.

Remember, we are here for you >:D< and you can lean on us anytime 100% of the time !
  • Whatever you do, do NOT reply. That money is MINE and I don't want you all messing up my shot at millions!

I posted the "too late?" thread as soon as I got the PM's and tried to warn folks, tongue in cheek.

I am so sorry for your loss ldavis. This is no time for anyone to add to your pain but please understand that simply turning on the internet exposes the lamb to the lion. These idiots will come from all angles, even in what would seem to be an inocuous place such as a spine forum. WE are not the enemy, but he out there and has apparently infiltrated us :(

Hang in there ldavis and let the Admin's work their magic. Don't write us off :)
  • I'm really sorry you have to go through all this, Lorraine. Have you checked to see if there are charitable organizations that help people with chores such as cleaning at no cost or a nominal fee? They do exist here in Florida for senior citizens and the disabled. Even if you 're not a senior, you might start your research on this with a call to a senior citizen center, pointing out to them that you're physically unable to do these things yourself. If they can't help you, ask them if they know of an organization that can.

Things will get better. Hang in there!