Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member Introduction

DFeelgoodDDFeelgood Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
Glad to have found this community. Hopefully I can find some support here and occasionally offer some in return.

- FMA and Chronic Back Pain
- Lyrica, Savella and Tramadol
- In the last 10 years ive had many MRI and CAT exams.
- L5/S1 fusion

• Welcome to Spine-Health Forums.
    I have had 2 multi-level fusions. The first was in 1978 at the age of 13 for scoliosis and I was fused from T5-L1.

In 2005, I had an outpatient micro-discectomy at L4. In 2009, L4 became a "repeat offender" herniated disc and I had a fusion from L4-S1 for that reason as well as spondy.

I also have off/on sciatica and bursitis in both hips. But I think that's enough about me.

Why did you need the fusion and how does tramadol work for you? I take it too and it works pretty well.
  • Glad I found this site. Hope I can get some answers to my problem. Have a great day!!
  • Your links that you posted are not permitted.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I as well am very glad to have found this community. I sometimes feel that my family,friends and coworkers are very tired of hearing me talk about how bad my leg hurts. This pain is from stenosis which was brought on by severe scoliosis. It will be nice to have a group of friends that have the same problems:)
    I currently take:

• Hi All,

Recent discectomy on 3/16/12. Very supportive to know others are going through this as well.

God Bless
  • This is a great place to find common ground and talk about pain etc that the rest of the world does not understand.

Its nice to be able to vent or share stories and hopefully help someone out.

I have had 4 back surgeries over the years and am fused L1-S1 thanks to being knocked out by a snowboarder. I am now looking at SI joint fusion. I was an incredibly active person in my pre-fusion life and try to do as much as I can now. But I will never have it back.

I have had lots of experiences so please do not hesitate to ask questions or just say hi.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • Hello everyone,
    I am newbie in this forum.
    I am pleased to be part of this community.
    Hope everyone is okay and having fun while learning here.
    May God bless you all.
  • julie, i had developed a Spondylolisthesis that required fusing of the L5/S1 joint.

tramadol works pretty well for me in treating break-through pain. but it does cause some loopiness and nausea for me. i had to go off lyrica for a time and tried taking tramadol on a regular basis but as it built up in my system, i got increasingly ill and had to stop it. so id say its great on an occasional basis for me.
  • edited by Tam, spam.
  • edited by Tam, spam.