Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS Revision surgery 1inch to close to my ribs

davidcrvddavidcrv Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I had my SCS put in on 2/20/2012 last week had a revision my battery was broke loose and hitting my left ribs causing very bad pain... The Dr. Said he put the SCS to close to my ribs to start with.. Has anyone had this happen? He moved it down about an inch.. So now off work 9 weeks looking at 5 more.... :( on the plus side it feels so much better already 1 week out...

• It's great to hear everything is working out now!!
    Best of luck.

Patsy W
  • This is too coincidental. I got my permanent SCS on 2/2/2012 and my battery has moved from my outer left back to now sit on top of my spine near the base. So it traversed 4 or 5 inches total! My doc said he had never heard of a battery moving and he is a frontrunner in the SCS field and flies around the world teaching and speaking about SCS permanent implants. I'm have my battery relocated to the front in my abdomen on Thursday, 5/3 and I am in so much additional pain from the battery sitting on my spine. The pain in my tailbone is unbelievable and I can't sit much and I can not lie on my back because of the pain and I cannot lie on my right as gravity will cause the battery to impinge even more on my spine. Why do you have to miss so much work for the SCS procedure. I had to stay home a week after my implant and the doc says I should stay home at least a couple of days this time. Did you have any swelling or infection with your moving battery? I had to get a CT scan of my lumbar region so he can see the battery better and the doc says if he gets inside me and I'm infected, he will remove the battery, sew me up and wait for the infection to clear and then have another procedure to put the battery back in! I'm sorry for your pain and trouble but I am very happy to find a kindred soul with similar experiences. Thanks for posting your issue! Jerome
  • How did yours go? I now feel like it's too close to my hip... Would you email me we can exchange phone #s and talk about it more my email is davidsg1is@gmail.com