Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Very weak neck muscles

snuffssnuff Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, I don't mind to tell my whole pain story, but I just like to know if someone has this similar problem. Before my neck/back pain started I didnt have never any problems with my overal body, I was just fine even I did not do regular exercise. Now about 10 years later the pain has changed many times etc. however now im haveng this very weak muscles at neck they're like fragile. Muscles are very tight and strained. Now I started to do stetching them again daily but the problem is I can't stretch them like normal. My neck feels very kinda light and like there's no robust muscle tissue around there. When I do stretching I get sharp feeling at my muscles even it still feels the muscles are stretching but it's painful. Another thing is that I dont see almost any improvement although im doing how long stretches at all. Other symptoms I have got are that I have also not very good bones, I get small cracking noises almost every time when my neck hurts.

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others whom discuss cracking in their neck. What was your initial diagnoses and what test have been run so far and how old are they? Where did you get the stretching exercises from? Is there any pain associated with this and where does it go?

When I developed cracking noise it was from the disc being gone and the bones rubbing on each other. But others it can be from a liagment? Give us more information and maybe someone will be able to relate and help you out.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • Hi, I've looked the exercises from various sites on internet but I can't do the stretching exactly same as introduced because my muscles are out of balance and im pretty sure theres some sort of structure changes on cervical spine so I have to turn my head/neck in which position I feel the muscles stretching. I have been numerous times on physical therapy, massage, doctor etc. and have got exercise advice, didn't help so much. The noise I get from my neck is not like normal cracking. It feels theres some compression in my neck all the time and I get something like small crunching noise there. I don't see any better to do by myself than do stretching or some exercises because doctors just cannot help me with the pain. Im still going to MRI soon so to see what they can say. Also I have kyphotic posture and it feels that I can't get my posture correct.
  • Hi,

I also wanted to welcome you to the board, as tamtam said, once the MRI is done, and you have more definitive info, others with similar situations will be more able to help.

The kind of grinding/crunching noise you are getting when trying to stretch is probably from bone on bone movement. In my opinion, I would wait for the MRI before I got too ambitious with the exercises. Just my opinion. :)))

Again, welcome and hope you will have a better idea what is going on in your neck soon.

• Were you able to make any progress in finding out anything? I have the same issue and it is steadily getting worse. Weak neck muscles, lack of balance, pressure in the head, etc. My MRI showed mild spondylosis in the neck, mild arthritis and 2 bulged discs. Multiple docs saw it and aren't worried about it, but my neck and head seriously claim otherwise.