Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Excellent Results

Ice manIIce man Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Chronic Pain
I asked the other day if anyone had had Nerve Root Block's as I was trying to find out more about them. No one responded but let me tell you, I feel 50% better. What a great feeling to have this kind of relief. Yesterday I was laying in the bed all day in tears because of the pain and today after the nerve root block I feel so much better. It took about two minutes after the procedure and I felt such relief. The only pain I have is muscular soreness caused by the damaged nerves. My prayers go out to all of you who suffer. I have been there and if this only last a few days I will certainly cherish those days. Chad

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Ya see we didn't want to jinx you! ;)) And it worked!!! :>
    All's well that ends well.
    Hope it lasts for ever!
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Chad,

Sorry I missed your post, but I have had several of them. As you said cheerish the days you have, with the relief. I for one didn't want to go to bed the first night thinking if I awoke it would be gone. However it depends on what they are testing for, as do you have something on the nerve, or is the nerve damaged? Obviously if you have something on the nerve it is fixable, if the latter as I do then well it sux, is all I got. Your relief I have found out will depend on what they put in the injection. I had one last longer as in about 3 weeks, but well worth my money for the relief. Even if it is nerve damage I have found it sometimes resets your body and the pain signal, to get you out of a really bad cycle. Anyway however it works for you I am glad you had the procedure. My motto is and always has been as along as they are trying to do something I am game, to try it to see if it will help.
  • Tam, they tell me it is scar tissue pressing on the nerve so I think there is hope. Thank you both for the kind words. Chad
  • That is great news! Your post almost made me teary eyed, because I can SO relate to what you said. That amazing feeling of the medicine hitting, and the pain being lifted! (Damn near as good as sex)! It is a wonderful feeling - you could just cry with relief. I hope it lasts a good long while and as TamTam said, maybe it will reset things and help with the pain overall even after it wears off! That would be great. How often "can" you have the shots? Hopefully as often as needed to keep you feeling half way decent. Man, this is a load a crap to take on and manage - it is awesome when something actually works! Wishing you the best and that those shots last a good long time!! As Jim said - FOREVER would be awesome! Take care - M
This discussion has been closed.