Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg Spasms & Burning

ElizabethEElizabeth Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:02 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or if I will be of any help but I had a laminoforaminotomy about 2 years ago on my L4-5 and since then I have lived with chronic pain. Burning in my thighs, buzzing in my legs and feet, sharp stabbing pains in my knees and ankles, a ton of bricks on my lower back and extremely sensitive and sore feet. My doctor just put me on Venlafaxine which is an antidepression drug but is also used for nerve pain. It has gotten rid of alot of the burning and pain and has been a life saver for me. Over the last two years I have tried so many different drugs, needles in my legs and lower back...the list goes on. I'm not sure if this can help anyone but it might be worth a try. All the best to everyone. Liz
advertisement

Comments

• I just wanted to take a second and welcome you. You will find a wealth of info on the site. It is up to you to take some time and read a bit. Some of it will apply, some will not. Keep an open mind.

My own story begins when I was 45, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. Confirmed by the CT scan.
    I am now 51, and just had my first Steroid injection. I am finally nerve pain free for the first time, in 2 decades. I still am on meds, but much lower than previously.

Take care! David