Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

worried i may have reherniated the disk i just had surgery on

cbaker815ccbaker815 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Recovering from Surgery
It has been almost 6 weeks since i had an L4 L5 lamectomy/disectomy and i think i just reinjured it. I was just standing cooking dinner and shifted my weight to the other leg and i got shooting pain down my right hip. It is almost identical to the pain before i had the surgery. I am supposed to return to work this coming monday. Should i worry now or wait a few days and see what happens?

• I would wait and see what happens. Inflammation is to be expected for at least 8 weeks post surgery- that's what my surgeon said. I have symptoms very frequently and I am close to 6 weeks post op of my second microlumbar discectomy (see history in my signature). If you have anymore symptoms I would call your surgeon and see if he/she recommends you take an NSAID for a while to reduce inflammation. My surgeon has be on 2 Aleve twice a day for 2-4 weeks depending and it seems to help. Don't worry too much and keep us posted!
    22 year old. Herniated L4-L5 and L5-S1 in December of 2008 in horse riding fall. All non-surgical methods failed. L4-L5 micro discectomy in Sept. 2010. Further herniation of L5-S1 disc in Nov. 2011 and had L5-S1 micro discectomy March 2012.