Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help and suggestions needed, very odd symptoms after cervical nerve blocks today

Jmnewman2JJmnewman2 Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a 4 level nerve block today, C3-C4 to C6-C7. I am having some very strange symptoms that I never had with the 3 other ones I had and I don't know if I am going to make a fool out of myself and piss off the doctor on call if I bother him this late at night so I was wondering if any of you guys have had the same symptoms after cervical injections.

Pretty much what is going on is

I feel like I have a constant lump in my throat but can still breathe fine and swallow ok it just feels extremely weird.

The pain in my neck is unbearable(the 30mg of oxycodone every 4 hours I am on daily for pain isn't even touching the pain)

I have nasty heartburn/acid reflux

I have a nasty headache

The most bothering and annoying symptom is I have next to no balance at all. I don't have the best balance to start with, I use a cane already due to a severely failed lumbar surgery and even with the cane I am having severe balance problems starting about an hour after the injections.
even when I am laying in bed it feels like I am going to fall out.

Just curious if this has happened to anyone on here after cervical injections.

• Add searing pain and swelling in my left hand that just started to the list
  • Call your doctor maybe he added something to the injection he doesn't normally use and you are having a reaction. The lump in the throat could be from swelling in your neck. The headache I could see, but the rest don't add up, so you need to call the doctor. If he gets pissed well you need to find a new doctor.
  • I think your right about the lump in my throat bring swelling, I just looked at my neck/shoulder blades and it looks like I have been beat with a bat...hahaha I asked them earlier if there was anything new that they were using because I am sensitive to a lot of medications and they said no but I know they used more medication than in the previous injections. I called the pain clinic and I guess there is only a head Nurse on call so she is going to call me back, I know she was in the room with me today during the injections so I am praying she will have an answer for me other than "Go to the E.R. I hate going there because all they do is say well there isn't much we can do except give you pain medication and call your doctor tomorrow.
  • I had nerve root blocks and experienced the loss of balance ie. walking into walls for several hours, my eye was swollen and red felt like my eyeball was on fire, blood pressure through the roof.... All symptoms except for killer pain were gone within 24 hours.... Radiologist told me " sorry must of hit some parasympathetic nerves" go home and go to bed, headache was also very bad. Hopefully your symptoms dissapear.... And never feel like you shouldn't call and ask!!! It's scary stuff!!!
    Good luck :)