Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A good news story re:SSD

wwlady41wwwlady41 Posts: 131
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I am so relieved to be able to say that I was one of the few who was granted SSD on the first attempt. Of course as my loving sister said," it's great that you are thru that hurdle but I am so sorry you are so bad off!"

I first came here to SH after having my first surgery last year and really did hope I could return to work. I was more and more concerned when I needed 2 surgeries and was still told there was more to come.

My life has changed so much as most all of you can agree. I was so very angry and sad at the same time as I felt myself losing control over my life. But I can say now that there are many more good days, not that the pain is gone, but that I can feel a different kind of sense of control in my life.
I have built a network of support that I can reach out to. Both here on SH and in my family and friends.

The SSD has now taken one more huge weight off my shoulders. I wish that all of you who are in need of this and are battling their own cases will find resolution quickly.

• I was also blessed to get Government Disability right away also(I live in Canada) It helps when at least you don't have to worry how you're going to pay the bills anyways. I had to downsize still and sell my house so although it's a good thing to have the pressure off just getting awarded it's still not the same income as if you're working.

I learned to be thankful that I was able to contribute to society and work as long as I did and get over feeling bad that I couldn't work anymore. Anyway, so happy for you. Cheers. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • you are spot on there, it isn't easy at first, but I can say without hesitation that I always gave it my all, sometimes at the expense of something else. I think my priorities have improved!

take care
  • Yeah Bonnie,
    Congrats, Its rare to hear that people make it on the first round. I miss our chats. I think it will make a huge difference in the long run.
    :kiss:" alt=":kiss:" height="20" /> Elllie
  • I am away from home, visiting with my daughter and youngest grandbaby! It is wonderful to spend time here, but as you can imagine the change in beds and the travel have given me some horrendous pain. I am working thru it.
    my daughter does on line school so the nights are very busy on the computer:( I have been checking in during the day but there doesn't seem to be anyone on chat in the day time :(
    I hope to catch up with you soon. Sending love and gentle hugs :)