Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic pain in the hip and back

jenny_40jjenny_40 Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi guy,s long time since my last visit.However i have still suffering severe pain which has now radiated through to my hip.
I went back to my doctors as i was concerned,as i had problems getting out of bed and straighting up.Pain seems worse in the morning and i was worried it was something really nasty.He sent me for X ray and it showed early signs of Artritis both in the back and hip.I have had 3 surgerys in the past,so its no suprise i have arthritis.Has anyone on here suffer with arthritis and how can it be treated.My doctor didn't really say a lot about it.Any help much appreciated alternative therapies any info would be much appreciated.
thank you
L4/5/SI ....FOOT DROP....

• Hey there...I have had 2 surgeries (micro-discectomy) and while I can't say my issue is the same (had MRI but no Xray), the pain was insane in the middle of the night if I tried to move and in the morning, getting out of bed and straightening up was excruciating (my knees would buckle do to back pain) and I would hold myself over the bed and then slowly stand but hunched over hold on...I wish I had a walker.

Anyhow, I read a lot here and decided to ask my doctor about a physiatrist (muscular/skeletal doctor). I have been seeing one for about 3 months. I actually have seen him 3 or 4 times and between, I see his PT team. I've had Trigger point injections too.

Anyhow, I finally see an improvement. It has taken them the 3 months but I can honestly say I went from 90% of my nights being lousy and waking up like you suggest to about 20-25% like this over the last 3 weeks. It's a process. I lost mobility in my back so they slowly had to help me gain that. My relative strength in my hips and pelvis were off so the PT helped with that. My facial muscles are really tight but with TP, Stim, massage...they are finally not as tight. And, after all that, I can't lie on my back for more than 10 minutes without having the problem you describe SO they have taught me how to sleep safely in other positions and how to tilt my pelvis before I get up to reduce some of the pain.

I can't say it will work for you but in my case they believe it to be arthritic, muscular, and relative core strength.

I also started taking fish oil and am TRYING to eat healthier.

Now, he did mention regenerative injections which are not covered by insurance but only b/c he wanted me to have options. He is not pressuring me but helps me understand a lot about myself.

Maybe it's an option.
  • Hey there...Thank you for the suggestions.I am looking at finding a practioner who may be able to help me,although i haven't booked up anywhere yet.
    Seems there is more treatments in the States than here in the UK,from what i have been reading anyways.I will have to do more research.
    take care and thanks again
    Rainy uk..
  • ozone is being used for arthtritis with good results,

ozone is the miracle gas.....

it cures just about anything....

Live to Pray
This discussion has been closed.