Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

low back pain

zinniazzinnia Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions

My name is zinnia, and I have low back pain due to a herniated disk with annular tear and severe arthritis at L-5s1 and a cyst at same.
I'm glad I have found you, I am frustrated and in pain like the rest of you.
I need some friends!

My GP told me I had spondylestheseis at 4 and 5, and then the back surgeon said there was nothing about that on the radiologists report! He also told me my back looked great!
My chiropractor said that's because all he cares about is whether or not the nerves are impinged, that doesn't mean my back is in great condition.
The back dr. said for me to keep doing my job ( lifting, twisting, bending, pushing etc) I work in a retirement home, in the kitchen. My PT told me last year to stop working in my huge garden, because I was undoing everything they were trying to help me with. So I'm confused, as to what I need to do to help myself. I feel I should leave y job because it keeps the inflammation screaming at me, but maybe I am wrong. I'm not suggesting that I need bed rest- that's the worst.

I am disappointed with both of the Docs, they don't "get" the excruciating pain I have, especially a night- I can't sleep with out serious pain meds.

Other than that, he recommended an epideral.

Thanks everyone for your help!

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a great place to make new friends and find out information about your condition!! we are here to listen at any time!! an epidural might give you some relief for awhile! it might be worth the suggestion.. please have a good look around and make yourself at home! there is always a spiney around! i hope you find some pain relief soon! Jenny :)
  • The YMCA has a lot to offer those of us who suffer all kinds of back pain.
    They have a "deep tank" for water exercise and open lap swim everyday from 6:30 to 1:00! I have heard that water therapy is amazing. I've decided to try this.

I am hoping that the swimming will strengthen my core and in so doing, give me some relief. There is so much edema and effusion around the arthritis at L-5, it pushes the cyst against the nerve giving me quite a jolt in my hip and leg.

If anyone has other suggestions, I would love to hear from you. I am new to the forum.
    I have also found that ALANON's book: "Hope for today," gives me a boost in having a positive attitude about the dailyness of life and back pain.

• Hi Jenny,
    thanks for taking the time!! I laughed at the "spiney" comment!!
  • edited by tam as spam