Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what causes a straight spine???

tammycttammyc Posts: 902
Hi everyone,
I've had cervical surgery and a car accident but its been a few years now for both.I'm still having a lot of issues and back pain and i'm being told by therapists that i'm seeing that my spine is very straight. I talked with my massage therapist this week because he had mentioned it as well during my session and he said that my neck was losing its curve as well again. This just seems really odd to me that i haven't had any trauma lately but my spine is really changing for the worse.Has anyone ever been told why there losing the natural curve in there spine?
advertisement

Comments

• TammyC:

Your's and mine may not be related, but I have recently been diagnosed with flatback syndrome. Lumbar fusions that extend into the sacrum can be a causative factor. Most, however, are caused by the use of metal rods for the correction of scoliosis.

My opinion, once we start messing with the spine (bolts, screws, cages, etc.) there is great possibility of sympathetic/secondary changes up and down the line.

Everything that I have read about flatback syndrome is depressing as hell. You may want to get medical evaluation soon to address it in the early stage. Or, consider joining the military because they always told me to "stand up straight!"
  • LOL thats funny Jim! i know i've read some depressing stuff about it as well.