Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My approval for the SCS came in today

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
My approval for the SCS came in today. I will have to wait a few weeks for the trial since my daughter is graduating High School in about 10 days- unless I want to do the trial with a house full of guests (5 people all together) from out of town.

My Sister is an RN as is my Step Mother, I am already stressed out about having them come and stay there will be a lot of added work to my daily schedule, I can't help but think these guys are going to watching me like a hawk.

Anyway I was excited with all the insurance troubles I hsve had since the MVA 2 years ago, I was worried they would deny everything like they have been doing but since they signed on with Cigna on Jan 1 things have gotten much better.

Wish me luck. I am getting fitted for the back brace and will get my appt set on Monday at my PM appt.

• I hope your SCS unit help out as mine does. So good luck on your trial Just remerber Its not a cure .But it does help.

• so this is the approval for the trial? I had my trial and it helped wonderfully, I go for my perm on the 8th of May. Took me like almost 2 months to get perm but I can't wait for it. I hope all goes well for u and u can get the relief u need.
  • WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!! :D

why would they watch you like a hawk? They should be HELPING you ;)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • The trial I went through lasted 6 days. I actually was in quite a bit of pain in one tiny spot on my spine for the first 4 days, but it finally subsided so I really got to see what it can do on the last two days with limited pain meds. I'm really looking forward to the permanent implant next week. I doubt I've suffered as long as many in here...about 2 1/2 years, but after two surgeries and multiple caudal injections, my PM finally isolated the affected nerve, which was very relieving. I finally feel like my life is about to come back!! Not a cure, but a great option, for sure! Anyway, good luck and keep us informed how it went!