Hi, and thanks!
I will see the neurosurgeon first time on May 1. In 2004 I had discectomy at C5/6. The surgeon then went through the back because it was "one of the worst herniations" had ever seen and could not do the surgery from the front.
Over the past year I have had intermittent problems with burning pain between my shoulder blades. For the past two months I've had noticeable clumsiness in my left hand.
A few weeks ago, an MRI showed some DDD, osteophytes at C5/6/7, and stenosis at C5/6.
I know I will find out more next week, but the wait is killing me. The pain is tolerable, but I suffered permanent nerve damage after the first herniation and I want to minimize any further damage. I am 36.
Some of my symptoms don't seem to match what I have read here and other sites online. My pain is slightly better if I sit very straight, not when I bend forward. I guess that's the main thing that doesn't match. I'm not too scared of having another surgery as I have a very supportive family and boss, I'm just worried about having this (possible) surgery cause more osteophytes/stenosis down the line and just continuing the process.
I would welcome any input or personal stories to help me put this in perspective!