Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Surgery on c3 andc4 using a soft collar

paularppaular Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi my mom just had sugery on her c3 and c4. they put a cage in with screws. She was told to wear the hard collar while up and soft collar why eating and sleeping. However she could not get comfortable with hard collar. I called dr. thought he might suggest a different hard collar but told her to just wear the soft collar all the time. Does this sound normal. I am worried she will not put the soft collar on as tight as it shoud go. She is 80 years old and does have my aunt for the first week staying with her.
Thanks for any information.
ps i think my brother may be uspet that i called the dr. he says if the dr ordered the hard collar than that is what she needed and he may have changed it because we complained. I say if it was so important he would have said she has to wear it regardless.

• Don't worry about calling the doctor that is why they give you the emergency numbers to begin with. If the doctor thought the soft collar was okay than I am sure your fine. I am sure he ordered it, worrying more about your mom having a fall than anything and the hard collar would protect her more. Kuddos for you being proactive in your mom's care.

• Thanks for your encouragement. I just would hate for something terrible to happen. I must trust God to watch over her. Thanks again.