Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bowel/ bladder symptom

jennytranjjennytran Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hi friends,

I had lumbar disectomy July / 2011 on l5-s1. Recently my legs being feeling weak , I being leak urinate and I being above go bowel . When I push go bowel my back hurt n sciatic pain down to my left leg . I feeling want to go but hard to push cause the pain . I trying all the stool softener , laxative it help little bit but not empty complete bowel but turn out I got electric feeling on my bladder n when I go feel like nothing come out . I would like to know any friends here have back issue n bladder & bowel problem? Can you help me out here explain more detail about your symptom . Thank you

• You need to get yourself to an emergency room immediately and mention "cauda equina syndrome". They'll know what it is. If you truly do have it be ready for same day or next day surgery. This is an emergency situation and you need to get to the hospital asap.
  • jenny I agree 100% with Ostriches. Go to your ER today!

These are not good signs by any means. My Drs have told me from the beginning if I get these signs to go to ER immediately.

My prayers/thoughts will be with you, please update us when you can :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.