Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

worsened pain 1 week

mizerable2mmizerable2 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
has anyone had worsening of pathology and symptoms(pain) all of a sudden,
quick backstory,i was taken off desk duty and put back to laborer,the past week and half the pain in my neck has gone crazy,last 4 days being the worst.
did i injury it more?
did i aggravate?

• First welcome to the forum and if you can be more specific, have you had surgery, are these new symptoms or anything else that might help people understand. I worked as a laborer, truck diver and heavy equipment operate for 22 yrs. I started having real pain in 2008 but was still working and didn't have surgery, am having ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012. There are a lot of great people who will help anyone, please don't be afraid to open up here, the more you do the more help you will get. I was also a volunteer firefighter and emt and worked two jobs for 5 yrs so I'm wasn't much for asking for help. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • My symptoms really come on suddenly, but would be manageable with OTC medication, until a couple of years ago. One day, the pain was so severe that I ended up in the ER. It took a long time for it to go away and then it resurfaced again two weeks later and never left until I had my surgery.

Everyone is different. My story is only my own personal experience with foraminal and spinal stenosis. Some people never experience pain at all and some are in excruciating pain. Many things can bring on the pain: injury, sleeping the wrong way, stress, etc. It's hard to really know. What are you diagnosed with?
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • HI, I understand your challenges, and I am feeling very bad. If you don't mind can I ask you few questions.

1. What's your food habits and are you under any medication
    2. Do you've any other chronic diseases

Wish you early recovery
    Shreenivasa k m