Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 months after fusion

JessMcKayJJessMcKay Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a two level fusion done in late September last year. I'm just wondering if anyone else still gets numbness in legs and now when I lay down on my side my arms are going numb too. Also can't sit down without support on my back as it feels like there is too much pressure there now is this normal?
Don't have my 6 month check up with surgeon till July.

• What type of surgery did you have? Was it cervical or lumbar? Depending on how long your nerves have been compressed, it can affect you recovery. I am one year post-op and am still adjusting to muscular atrophy. Are you doing physical therapy? Hang in there!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • If you're that far out from surgery and still months away from the next appointment, you might want to contact your surgeon/doctor now and show them where the pain is.

Last week I found out that my back pain and continued sciatica in both legs might be due to stress on the next joint down below the fusion, for which there is treatment.

I'm finding that I can't get strong again if I'm in constant pain that increases with exercise. I'm really glad I went back to the doctor early. Really did think he'd blow me off with "oh you're just healing up, give it time."

Calling them up and asking is okay.

Hope you get answers and relief very soon.
  • I had a anterior interbody fusion at l4-l5 l5-s1.
    I've been to my gp and he has started me back on Physio as I was discharged from that in february.
    Thanks for the responses :-)