Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica and fatigue?

myharrietmmyharriet Posts: 9
I have a herniated disk at the L4-L5 that is putting pressure on the S1 nerve root. It has been 5 months now since the severe sciatica pain began. The pain is some better. I still have pain in my leg when I am on it for an hour or so and my back gets very tired. I have severe fatigue. Is this the normal situation for a healing herniated disk?
advertisement

Comments

• Hi myharriet,
    I've had sciatica - diagnosed July 2011, got really bad in December when I had a MRI showing a bulging disc at S1, 2 steroid injections 1/6 and 3/30.
    The pain is excruciating often, dealing with the pain saps you of all energy. Everything you have goes into dealing with the pain.
    I use something to help me sleep pretty much every night or I wouldn't sleep. What kind of pain medications are your using?
    I've found Ibuprofen works the best, but I'm also on Neurontin three times a day, and use Ultram and even Oxycodone to help control the pain.
    Days when my pain is under control, I find I have more energy and feel better over all.
    Rest when you can, control the pain and try to get a good nights sleep - even if it means using a sleep aid.
    I think what you are experiencing is normal.
    I hope this helps you. Feel free to message me.
  • pain puts stress on the body....

and the body`s mechanism to cope with stress is to burn its supply of stress hormones which leads to fatigue....

take b complex with extra b 5....

and vitamin c....

with lots of water...
    Live to Pray