Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Compounded pain cream

thenadetthenade Posts: 137
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:02 AM in Pain Medications
Has anyone ever been prescribed a compounded cream for nerve pain in the legs/feet resulting from spinal fusion. My doctor has written a prescription for 5%Amitriptyline/4%Ketamine/5% Lidocaine. Anyone ever used something similar and how did it work?
advertisement

Comments

• My Doc did try a Ketaprofen cream to try that had to be compounded. We have a specialty pharmacy in Louisville that does most compounding scripts. Im sorry to say, it didn't work very well.

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • I use it on my shoulder, not great results but does help. It comes from a pharmacy in Ala, the fedex when I need a refill.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • in the past, I had a pain dr suggest a compounded cream...he contacted a local pharmacy that compounded, and someone from the pharmacy contacted me. He told me that my insurance did not cover the cream due to one or more of its' ingredients. I told him to skip it as I was not going to pay $150.00 for a cream that may or may not even help. On cue, he started his spill about being able to "help me with the costs"...I thanked him but declined then hung up while he was starting in on something else

so make sure your insurance covers it before moving forward, or you may have a pretty expensive tube on your hands
  • I do find that when I settle down after using the cream. I get a small bit of relief. Better than none right! Sincerely Cindy
    Cindy
  • that contains several different medications and she swears by it. It comes from a compounding pharmacy in NJ I believe , and they send it to her every month.
    Every little bit that we can add to our toolbox that helps even a small amount is a good thing.......
  • doesn't do anything for me.
  • A friend of mine who has suffered for years with various types of pain gave me the name of the one he uses, and he has had amazing results. I haven't tried it myself, but am going to talk to my doctor and pharmacist to see if it might be an option.

Keta-bac-clo-carb-pirlMax is what his container reads. I'm assuming ketamine/baclofen/clonazepam for the first three ingredients, but don't know about the rest.
advertisement