Hi, I am new to this site & I would appreciate some feed back to my problems. :?? I apologise for this being so long, but here goes.
I am a 54 yr old female
1.When I was 28 I got Crohns Disease (an inflammatory bowel disease). As a result I had to take Prednisolone (Cortisone) medication continously for approx 8 yrs. With dosages ranging from 35mg to 50mg. I now have a permanent Ileostomy.
2. In 1994 (aged 37)I started experiencing pain in left shoulder & after many x-rays, cat scans & ultra sounds of my shoulder, it was finally discovered in late 1999 that the problem was my actually my neck. There was no cartilage left at all between C5, C6 & C7. In January 2000 I had a neck fusion, which unfortunately, wasn't successful & I've been left with chronic pain in left arm, possibly a pinched nerve & nerve damage in the upper part of left arm, for which I am taking Oxycontin & Tramadol.
3. I have had Spondylosis & Scoliosis for many years.
4. My left knee cap started wearing away approx 10 yrs ago & I was diagnosed with arthritis in that area in 2010
5. I have also had Carpal Tunnel in both hands, which were operated on.But have been left with symptoms of Carpal Tunnel in left hand.
6. In 2008 I was diagnosed with De Quervains Tenysonovitis in right thumb.
7. Approx 15 yrs ago I started experiencing niggling pains in my right hip & was diagnosed with Chronic Enthosopathy in 2010 (inflamed tendon).
8. 18 months ago I started getting bad pains in right leg to the point where lately I have trouble standing on it. I just received the results of my CT Scan which said that I have Moderate Central Canal Stenosis at L4/5 :S
My question is this....
Is it possible that all these problems could have been caused by the long term use of Prednisolone?
It's just that I feel that many of these problems started in my late 30's to 40's which to me seems to be a bit young to have so many problems of this type. My ex husband who was a nurse, felt that this could have been the cause behind it all.
Any feed back would be much appreciated. Thank you for your patience in reading all this. #:S