Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

All of these spine issues are me

feelinguselessffeelinguseless Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi! I'm a young 47 year old who has lived with back pain since age 13! I've been to a chiropractor, orthopedic doctors, pain management doctors and neurosurgeon ! I have had 3 surgeries over past 10 years 2 laminectomies and low back fusion being the last! Since this surgery I can walk again but not w/o pain! My pain recently increased tenfold and my sciatic nerve has already been damaged but is now being pressed on by scar tissue from fusion! I'm have been out o work for about 2.5 months on disability b/c I can't walk w/o excruciating pain! My surgeon referred me to a pain mgmt doctor again but he has acted like a jerk and said there is 5 things we can do and u have tried all but one and that is to have a neurotransmitter trial inserted to stimulate the nerves from sending pain signals to brain! He said this is all there is to try if this doesn't work what am I gonna do b:c there is nothing else and all I do is lay in bed b/ c it's the only relief I get from the pain! If this works I will have it surgically implanted but will still be limited and at this point will not ever be able to work again so will stay on disability! I feel like a part of my life is over and feel useless I can't even load the dishwasher because I can't stoop w/o severe pain! I'm a at a loss to think about what I'm gonna do?!? I just wznt the pain gone but they aren't giving me any hope ! I have been to several doctors! The pain is from top of my lumbar the whole way down my left leg to toes and beginning down right buttox! I walk with a walker and am almost ready for a scooter! My nerves have already been permanently damaged and my foot just drops and have fallen and have incontinence from this! So that is my short version of this life long battle I have lived with and continue too! I've worked since I was 16 pushing myself till 2 months ago when I broke because 5 pain pills weren't helping and I couldn't do my job effectively and doc put me on disability! Now I have all this paper work stress to get done to apply for all the disability stuff now! Been to lawyer and now stressing over all the papers! I feel so alone in this but try to take it one day at a time!

• Hi.. just read your story.. and wanted to applaud your attitude.. :)
    I just went through quite the paperwork battle for my disability- after many people- dr's, some family etc, telling me I'd never win the appeals etc..
    I won the appeal yesterday!
    I don't know where you live, but in my region , through our MLA, I found an advocate that works to help people get through all that paper! Start researching to see if there is someone like that around your area.
    Do you have anyone in your life that can help with the organization of your documents etc..? and are you asking for all copies of any paperwork pertaining to your appointments with dr.s and such. I always leave an office with their card, and I keep track on the back the appt. date and how it went..
    Don't give up. paper is just that... one piece at a time, and the pile shrinks :) I rewarded myself.. maybe with a chocolate bar.. when i finished some of the paperwork! felt like I was taking my finals in high school again!

You will make it.!!! Try to .. compartmentalize the stress.. don't let it hit ya-- or bother you-- during certain times.. or have a time, like an appointment time that you tackle some paperwork.. then put it aside, leave it allll there, and go do something else. leave the stress with the paperwork.
    You need all your.. strength in all ways to keep getting better.. and the stress just knocks you out if it is there, knawing at you, all the time.
    Sorry for the soap-box rant!!:
    have a great night.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are suffering so much!! it seems like you have looked into every option except for the SCS.. this may be the answer for you.. there are SH members who use it very effectively. please don't feel alone!! stop by anytime! good luck to you! i hope you find some pain relief soon! Jenny :)