Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help with on going back pain

hcoburnhhcoburn Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Approixmately 9 months ago I was doing a set on a lat pull down machine and felt a little snap in my neck. A couple of hours later my neck was stiff (felt like I slept on it wrong.) My neck was sore like that for several days so I made an appointment with an RMT. Six days after I had intense pain in the front of my chest and my back, my doctor was concerned this was a blood clot so was sent to the emergency room where it was ruled out. The pain was so bad that every time I moved, lay down or sat up it would feel like a knife going through my back. That pain subsided after several days leaving no more pain in chest or neck but in my mid back, in between my shoulder blades on my left side was a dull intense ache and was numb to the touch. I saw a physiotherapist and she recommended that I see an osteopath as she believed it was rib issues and it could be solved with a gentle manip. After I saw the osteo and had several manipulations the pain began to become more of a wide spread issue. The pain is always in the left side of my mid back however as the day progresses the pain starts to spread through my entire mid back (burning, tearing, exhausted type of feeling,) pain would shoot down my arms, causing numbness, stabbing pains in my traps. The pain makes it near impossible to stay in any position for long periods of time and feels as if something is torn significantly in between the shoulder blade and spine. This pain is intense and sometimes very difficult to manage, I would consider it acute, in its most intense moments I feel what I could describe as internal tremors as I shake from the inside. I have seen/used a physiotherapist, 3 chiropractors, 3 osteopaths, 3 RMTs, homeopathic doctor, had nerve block injections, ultrasound treatment, acupuncture, 2 pain doctors, laser treatments, several medications, lidocaine infusions, etc. I have had xrays, and 3 MRI’s (lumbar, cervical, thoracic,) with nothing showing up by a mild scoliosis in thoracic and small haemangioma in lumbar. I have been “diagnosed” with fibromyalgia but none of the medications used for this disorder work. I am 31 years old and was extremely active before this all begun. I have been off of work now for almost 4 months and am becoming desperate for solutions, answers, or advice.