Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Egoscue method and results

UsedToGolfUUsedToGolf Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Alternative Treatments

I am posting this in the hope that it may help someone else, as it has really improved my lifestyle. I read on another forum that a book by Dr. Egoscue had dramatically improved the poster's condition, so I tried a sample on my Kindle. It was a good read, so I read the whole book. It described my symptoms to a T, and the diagrams showed my posture almost exactly.

After only a couple of weeks of doing the exercises/stretches, and correcting my posture and the way I walked and stood, my symptoms were much, much better. It has been 6 weeks now, and yesterday I played golf for the first time in 3 years. When I wake up in the morning, my back is not hurting or stiff, and I can take a long walk during the day without pain.

I understand that not everyone can be helped by this, but I really thought my situation was hopeless. I was scheduled for another surgery last year but decided against it. I have done a ton of exercising and stretching in the last three years, but didn't realize that my hip flexors were doing most of the work and stressing my lower back. At any rate, it is a good read, and I hope that someone else finds it as miraculous as I did. I'm not sure if I can post the name of the book here, but if you would like to know, just ask me.

• Hi, I enjoyed reading your post and I'm very glad you were able to obtain such significant relief from Pete's book.

I'm the clinic director of one of Pete's clinics, here in Austin, TX, and I started with Egoscue as a client in 1999. In 1992 I was in a near fatal car accident, suffered several broken vertebrae, a fractured sternum, and significant soft tissue damage. Was in PT 6 days a week for over 18 months and still had tremendous pain and limitation. In 1999 was diagnosed with 2 herniated discs. I found Egoscue and started making the drive to the clinic in San Diego every few weeks, and less than a year later I was running and playing tennis again, pain free. The experience was so transformative I decided to become a practitioner and now I get the privilege of helping others.

If you have any questions about how to make best use of the book, I would highly recommend contacting the clinic nearest you (or ours). All of us are happy to give folks free advice on how to use Pete's books to best advantage. Sometimes what to do is obvious, and sometimes, not so much.

Best of luck with your continued recovery. Hit 'em straight!