Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No luck with what the issue may be? any suggestions?

AshawAAshaw Posts: 1
I am 20 years old and have been suffering for well over a year with an issue regarding my lower back and leg. (I am aware there is a section about lower back on this forum but my issue has had no actual definite diagnosis to it, as in the people i have seen about it haven't defined it under a specific issue yet.)

I feel it is important to first state that my mother has had a similar issue however hers was diagnosed as a sciatic nerve issue caused by a bulging disc in her spine which she had removed.

My own issue is a pain radiating in my lower back that sends a sharp pain down my leg, however it never goes lower than my knee. Over my year and so long of having this problem the issue has switched from one side of my back to the other, so it isn't one specific side. I can have it occur once in a month for something as long as a day, or have it for an entire month. Have it as severe pain causing me to limp unless under heavy pain killers, or only a mild pain. It also occurs out of the blue, sometimes i can wake with the issue, sometime i can be walking to work, or have just gone to move from having been stood still for a while.

I've noticed when i get it that it usually has a main area to the pain, which when pressed on with my thumb for example, it feels bruised but one thats under the skin. If pressed harder it causes a lot of pain.

I have over this long period of time been repeatedly to my doctor who i must admit i feel has gone the full length he can about my issue. I've had blood tests to check for inflammation, I've had X-rays, i've had an MRI scan (all of which came back normal, the MRI scan showed a 'perfectly healthy spine structure')

I've been sent to physiotherapy, which noted i was 'hyper-mobile' as in extra flexible however couldn't route a specific cause to my pain. They advised me stretches to do, The same result i also got from a sports therapist i saw, who when giving me a sports massage told me i had tight muscles but didn't think that was the specific cause to the pain, he did think it could be to do with a trapped nerve however.

I have been doing stretches and even joined a gym hoping that by building up my core muscles i could relieve the pressure on my back. non of these have worked. I am 20 years old and the constant pain as well as what seems to be shovelling down co-codamol whenever its bad is taking a knock at my frame of mind as well. Its becoming a depressing thought that i may have this the rest of my life with no solution or better/cheaper alternative to relieving the pain.

I work as a cashier at a retail store, my job requires no heavy lifting and the pain itself occurred first time out of the blue, there was nothing being done that could have caused it.

Any help you can give will be extremely appreciated.



  • Have you ever been refered to a pain specialist who can give some injections to the area where symptoms are coming from to help inflammarion? Many times pain specialists can track the level down just by the symptoms and find the sourse of the pain,

    After injections pt sometimes helps get rid of the problem, Once the find the pain generator then pain dr can look further with other tests that mri or xray many times dont show,

    I would try injections and go from there, Often drs cant see it but its obvious pain is caused by something, Good luck
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • people with hm have gotten good results with prolotherapy.
    Live to Pray
Sign In or Register to comment.