Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain from L-4; SI causing unbearable Sciatic pain

Hi everyone:

I'm brand new to this forum.

I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself because I'm in intense pain and have been an athlete most of my life. According to 2 physicians, I need L-4 SI ARIF repair I'm unfamiliar with the procedure and the recovery time. (Heck, you're in that much pain who cares?).

I can't think anymore, I am a complete witch. Is there a return to normal? What kind of exercise can you do after surgery?? I'm a triathlete (oops-former).

Any success stories would be greatly appreciated. Heavens, any empathy would be appreciated. I just would love to hear from people who have gone through similar situations and have kept their lives relatively normal.

I'm not usually this pathetic. I promise to help others when I get to that point!

• Look into options before surgery,

get as many opnions as possible,

surgery should be the last option,

look into prolotherapy,

see if you can manage your condition with physical therapy, exercises to strengthen core muscles,

supplements, etc.

it would also help if you could tell us what is wrong with the l4....

Live to Pray
  • L4-s1 ARIF repair? If 2 dr,s have recomended this procedure then you should have a good idea what is involved in the procedure as they always explain what will have to be done,

I am not sure if ARIF is fusion or not, If it is fusion recovery time is diferent for everyone and thats if they are lucky enough to totaly recover from it without other complicarions,

You should discuss all the good and bad and all risk involved in any surgery,

Good luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,