Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member Deneyeone

deneyeoneddeneyeone Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey Everyone.
I have spent a whole day reading numerous posts and checking out the rules. Nice to see so many supportive people out there. I have been a spine patient since 2007 when I fractured a vertebrae in my neck and crushed a disc in a workplace accident. Surgeries: Feb 2009 C7/C6 fusion with mesh plate and set screw in the front. Laminectomy L4 in January 2011. Both surgeries are listed as failed. I have extensive nerve damage in my right arm to include numb ring finger and pinkie, muscle spasms, pain in tricep, and decreased grip. Very irritating. Laminectomy in 2011 was much more painful than the fusion for me. Moaned in a pillow for two weeks before camping out in a recliner for another two. The laminectomy left me with nerve damage in my hip flexor to where I limp and cannot pick up my left leg while sitting or laying down. A lot of pain running down the front of my thigh. Pain in hip socket, knee, and ankle from ligament swing walking. In the course of all of this I have had:Neck- contrast mri , myelogram , 3 epidurals. Back- 2 pre op mri's,one contrast mri, 1 epidural, 1 post op mri. I have bulging discs at C5,C4,L3,L5.Just waiting for those to go now. I have taken Darvocet, Lortab, Vicadin, Soma, Flexiril, Lyrica, Tramadol, Neurontin, etc.. Currently I am taking 5mg of methadone 2 to 3 times a day. Getting about a 80% reduction in pain so far. Been on it 6 weeks. Was off of everything for over a year due to problems with my insurance coverage. Almost killed myself last summer because I was just tired of hurting. Luckily, I came to my senses. Just finished my first semester of college. Being in school helps to keep my mind off of the pain. Look forward to talking with all of you. Never give up!