Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Eon Mini

CandyJCCandyJ Posts: 105
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
If you are like me and looking forwards to getting a Perm SCS and they have told you, you will b getting a Eon Mini well I am here to tell you that there is a shortage on the generators for them right now. My rep told me it won't b till the 23rd of this month that a new small batch will b coming out. I was suppose to get mine the 8th which would have been yesterday but do to this shortage I have to wait 2 weeks to a month depending on when one comes available. If you want to check to see if the shortage effects u call your rep and ask them.

• I was worried that my Boston Scientific Precision Plus was going ot be affected by this shortage, but I guess since I'm getting an "older" technology, I'll be ok. Still have not heard back form the rep, though, so who knows.

I'm very sorry your surgery is being delayed, as I stated earlier. I'm sure you are extremely frustrated, but please hang in there...this will all just be a bad dream in a few weeks. I know, easy to say from my standpoint, but if I end up in the same boat, we can "vent" together! Please feel free to "vent" all you want or need!! We all here understand about chronic pain, and while I'm sure I'm a "novice" at this as only experiencing this for 2 1/2 years, I can still relate some what!!

Wishing all the best!!
  • Did you ask the rep. why there is an ipg shortage? st jude has a small " quality control issue " with there eon mini. Actually they have a class II recall on thousands of there units. Check the fda website and search for recalls of eon mini.I need to have my eon mini removed in june because of this recall.Anyway best of luck with your upcoming surgery.
  • I know of the shortage and the recall. That is one reason y there is a shortage also I believe. They are waiting on the new ones to come out (the ones without the problems) I am confident in my rep and St. Judes. I have done my research and I am more than ready. Thank you for your concern.
  • Like I mentioned last week, I feel horrible for you having to wait, especially considering you were so close. I hope your's goes as well as I THINK mine did!

I'm glad you are very comfortable w/ and have a good relationship w/ your rep. I just don't think I've found that "comfort" level yet with mine since this process went so quickly w/ me, from trial to implant in under 5 weeks, so I hope to have a similar relationship w/ my rep(s) as time goes by.
  • If your rep cares and is as good as mine has been I am sure u will have a good relationship with them. Thank you for ur words. I hated been to the day b4 the procedure than having it ripped out from under me but oh well such is life. Hope your recovery goes good. <:P
  • Any update on your status? I know I'd be calling everyday. Not your rep but the Front Office!! The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say!!!
  • I think shortage is over since I am getn mine now. Hope it is. HUGZ