Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ChellbryCChellbry Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi there,

I am new to this community and trying to figure out how to post and reply. I just had the XLIF done on 4/27/12 and am experiencing numb, tingly painful feeling in both of my thighs and groin area. It was that night after surgery when i tried to move that i noticed it immediately. I read in one of the posts they mentioned that they had a massage so I was thinking of getting one but was curious to know what areas should they massage? Just your legs or your whole body? I was on Diluadid and Valium and they changed the Diluaded to Vicodin yesterday. I am also taking Gralise (600 mg each pill, 3 pills at once at bedtime) good for nerve pain and before surgery it was just my left hip and thigh that had nerve pain and that really dulled the pain but now after surgery its both legs much more intense than before as I described early on and it's so scary since it seems electrical like it's not going to go away. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I would most appreciate it.

Thank you,

• I had an xl-tdr on 4-17 and a couple days later I started having pain in my left leg but shin area. I don't have the thigh you are referring to but my dr did say that was one f the risks and it takes time but will go away. He has yet to tell me what is causing pain in my left leg though. I'm on percocete, norco, flexril. I also got some ointment potterhouse apothecary that I apply to my back , leg that helps with the pain. You would need to get your dr to write u a prescription . Number is 623-362-9322
    Maybe this will help
  • Thanks so much for your reply and suggestion. I'll mention it at my appointment on Fruday. Best of luck to you with the healing process.