Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello from British Columbia

seawitchsseawitch Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
hi all. this looks like the forum i've been looking for! I wanted to talk to some people who understand chronic pain. Nobody understands except those who have it.

let's see. spine summary:
a lot of radicular pain and sciatica. Burst fracture of L1 in 2003 (horseback riding accident). Now I have "degenerative disc disease"? and S1, S2, and S3 are pretty much bone on bone (CT scan) I'm told from recent visit to neurosurgeon.

pain mostly on standing (or walking) which increases the more I stand or walk. For example, showers more than a couple of minutes are out of the question. so pain around the waist, and pain from left hip down left leg. left foot gets numb if I stand long enough. Neuro guy says reflexes are still normal. He doesn't recommend surgery. The only time I'm without pain is lying on my side or in the pool. Very close to starting to use a cane and asking for a handicapped parking pass.

currently taking cipralex 30mg/d and lamictal recently increased to 500mg/d for neuropathic pain (not helping at all, by the way) and a bucket-load of Advil. I'm wondering if chiro would help. I'll have to read some articles here.

Nice to meet everyone. Can anyone tell me how to change my password from the odd one issued to me? I looked around but can't find it.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a great place to make new friends and find out lots of information about your condition.. be sure and have a look around and make yourself at home!!! stop by anytime! there is always a spiney around! Jenny :)