Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I wanted to introduce myself so I don't have to explain myself over and over

edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
I wanted to introduce myself so I don't have to explain myself over and over.
To give a quick background. Back in the early 80's I was sitting at a red light on my less than a week old motorcycle waiting to make a left turn. Someone hit me from behind. Witnesses said she was doing at least 40 miles and hour. Front bumper hit my back tire and according to a witness on the accident report I went as high as the utility pole and landed helmet first and the (helmet strap broke from the new with motorcycle helmet) the helmet was found a bit more than a quarter mile away. I landed three hundred sixty two feet from impact. Well as you see I survived. Been on some kind of pain meds ever since. Well now with the U.S government getting too INVOLVED IN MY BUSINESS and I have gotten feed up with it all. Last week I had a falling out with my pain mismanagement clinic. I have shots in my back every month to maintain the ability to keep getting my meds. And the most they will give me was Percocet. I have never smoked or drank or got high in any way and fully recent the fact that if I go anywhere about pain I am looked at as if I am wanting a fix. So I have decided to take back respect for myself and slap all doctors in the face with it. I do fully understand their position but they make no attempt to understand my position. I own a home on 90 acres, 4 vehicles my own business and it is all paid for. More than what 90% of them can say.

So I am here to get some answers to some questions that I plan on acting on. And I do not want to sound harsh but honest here. If I ask questions in a way people here don't like then ban me, ask me to leave BUT you better respect my position before you start flaming me. Like I said. I am fed up. I plan on getting relief and not by going to another dr. OK, now.......... it's nice to meet people here and hope to get to know some of you. Thanks for reading.

• I'm sorry that you've been through so much. This site is very helpful to get formal information in the articles, etc. as well as information from people who may have had similar experiences to you. I've gotten worse and worse over time, although I have had a number of doctors asking if I'd been in an accident because of how my spine looks. Have you been evaluated by a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon? Just asking because it looks like you've tried everything else.

I hope you will find some useful information from the site.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.